Treatment Centers in Alabama
Addiction is a deadly disease that can easily destroy your family, your financial well being, and your life. Although many think that addiction is a moral failing, it is actually a disease of the mind.
Most addictions are the result of serious physical and psychological changes that cause a person to continue to use a drug despite the consequences. When this happens, seeking treatment in Alabama 12 step programs can help.
An excellent way to treat your addiction is through a comprehensive treatment program that includes a 12 step options like the narcotics anonymous meetings in Alabama. To find the one that is right for you all you have to do is call 888-905-9004
- Alexander City
- Fort Payne
- Fort Rucker
- Grand Bay
Is My Addiction Covered?
There is a good chance that your addiction is covered. Each addiction is a bit different and you need to choose the addiction treatment center that best suits you. 12 step programs are often found in combination inpatient and outpatient treatment.
Some of the 12 step drug addiction programs are:
- Alcoholics Anonymous – alcohol only
- All Addictions Anonymous – a generic group for all addictions
- Cocaine anonymous – cocaine addicts only
- Crystal Meth Anonymous – methamphetamine or crystal
- Heroin Anonymous – heroin addicts only
- Marijuana Anonymous – marijuana addicts only
- Methadone Anonymous – involves anyone addicted to methadone
- Narcotics Anonymous – any of the narcotic class of drugs including prescription and non-prescription drugs
- Nicotine Anonymous – supports those trying to quit nicotine
- Pills Anonymous – prescription pill addicts only
- Prescription Drugs Anonymous – all prescription drugs
There are 12 step programs for any addiction available in Alabama. You may have to drive to a bigger city or town to find one but they do exist.
Where Should I go for Help?
Unfortunately, 12 step meetings alone do not completely end an addiction. It is important to employ all of the resources at your disposal to make certain your recovery efforts end is success rather than relapse.
Some of these treatment options are:
- Medication assisted treatment
- Matrix model treatment
- Counseling only treatment
Each of these works for a variety of addictions and may involve a 12 step component. There are even ways to search for AA meetings in Alabama. To find 12 step groups in Alabama all you have to do is call 888-905-9004.
Understanding the Different types of 12 Step Meetings in Alabama
Most 12 step groups have different types of meetings. For instance, Alabama NA meetings have:
- Discussion meetings
- Reflection meetings
- Open meetings where others are invited
- Closed meetings just for people with addiction problems
- Beginner meetings
A 12 step program follows a specific pattern to achieve sobriety. Other types of self-help programs do not always have a clear plan or the support that as 12 step programs. To find the 12 step program that is right for you, all you have to do is call 888-905-9004.Submit a new center or provide corrections to an existing one ›